Bible answers to Your Questions by our Minister
Everyone is interested in knowing the will of God
• More importantly, “What is God’s will for me?”
• As in, “Whom shall I marry?” or “What vocation should I be in?”
• Even, “What is God’s will for me today?”
1. We can know the Will of God
Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
• God has not chosen to hide His will from mankind
• Throughout history, God has made known His will for mankind
• God revealed His will directly to man, through prophets and the Holy Spirit.
2. Today, His will is revealed in the Bible
2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
• God has used the Holy Spirit to guide over 40 men to write the Bible over 1,600 years
• Men has tried to destroy it, but it remains the top bestseller
• Men has tried to discredit it, but its contents hold true to this day.
3. God’s Will is for All Men to be Saved
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men counts lackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
• God so loved the world that He sent His Son to die for us
• He has delayed His Son’s return that everyone may have opportunity
• If we do not get to heaven, we can only blame ourselves.
4. It is God’s Will that We do good
1 Peter 3:17 For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.
• Some people mistakenly think that God’s will is to make us happy
Others think that God’s will is to make us healthy, wealthy or successful
In fact, God says better to suffer (be poor, unhealthy…) doing His will.
5. Our lives should be obedient to God’s Will
James 4:15 For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.
• We should no longer be servants of sin to fulfill its lusts
• We must lay aside every weight and sin to run the race
• We must deny ourselves, carry the cross and follow Him daily.
6. To follow God’s Will, We must want to do it
Luke 22:42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.
• The prosperous farmer of Luke 12 thinks only of his own will
• Are we willing to accept God’s will in our lives?
• Are we willing and ready to do God’s will each day?
7. Rewards of Knowing and Doing God’s Will
1 John 2:17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
• The person is no fool who gives up that which he cannot hold
• It is appointed unto men once to die and after that the judgement
• Jesus is coming soon – are you ready (ie doing His will)?
James 1:22-24 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like
unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
• If you do not know the will of God, start reading the Bible today
• If you are familiar with the Bible, check to see if you are in the faith.
• For some, we need to say as in Luke 15:18 I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee
• For others, we say to you as in Acts 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.